Thursday, February 13, 2020

Open to God

Heavenletter #156 

God said:
You ask for wealth. You ask for health. You ask for ease. You ask for this and you ask for that. Now ask for Me. Ask for God. Now turn your attention to Me.
You are in the habit of saying to yourself throughout the day, "Now I want lunch. Now I want something to drink. Now I want a break."
Today throw in, "Now I want God."
You do want Me, don't you?
Oh, what that expression of wanting will put in motion! It is nothing but the truth, that you want Me and you want all that I bring. So say it. Say it to yourself. "I want God." See how that makes you feel. See what gifts that opens.
Start there. Talking to God has most often been equated with asking for something, as though you are a weak helpless fragile being who has to ask for anything and everything, as though you are a bereft beggar trudging through the streets of a strange land called Earth. As if I would arrive with nothing for you, as if I wouldn't have much to give to you. I never come empty-handed. I would not know how to.
But there is one thing for you to certainly ask for, and that is for Me. Call Me to you. What you are really doing is calling yourself to Me.
Ask for Me, and then, as you do when a dear friend comes near you, listen to Me, listen to what I have to say. You have called yourself to Me so you can be with Me. Be with Me.
You have talked and begged enough.
Now listen to what I have to say. Your only need is to hear what I have to say.
I have listened to you patiently for a long time.
Now let your thoughts be offerings to Me from you. Let your thoughts be gifts to Me rather than requests. Request My presence (your awareness of My presence) and then truly avail yourself of it.
What if there were a wise loving king in your midst, and you could have an audience with him? What would you want in those moments? Would you repeat all the lacks you have repeated to yourself, or would you want to hear what he has to say and to accept his blessings?
An audience before the king does not have to mean that he has to listen to you! Where is your profit in that?
Enough of your refrains. Come before the King with your ears.
You have a eons of lifetimes with Me. There is no cut-off. But eons of lifetimes are this moment, and in this moment with me, have Me. Be open, innocent, and full (empty) to hear what it is I say to you. You will like what you hear, because all I say is a blessing. All I give are blessings. All I can give are blessings. Give yourself the opportunity to be blessed.
Call yourself to Me, and be present.
Attend. Attend to the sound of My voice. Attend to My love.
Don't you know by now that it is enough for you to present yourself before Me?
Don't you know by now that you are ever before Me? That all that is needed is your awareness. It is good to locate yourself. That is your need, to know where you are and Whose company you are in. Might as well know. Then you can bend your ear to Me, listen to My love, and go forth with a full heart and take My blessings with you. When you take My blessings with you, then all you can be is a blessing from God who has only blessings to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment