Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The Silence of Love

Heavenletter #85 

God said:
All of life experience is symbolic. It is a representation of a variant of truth. All that occurs is an opera or drama or comedy. But all is symbolic of the indestructibility of the human soul. A dance is more than a dance. It represents something, perhaps the movement of life and the movement of the dancers in life. Music is the background. Song is the soul singing to itself. And life itself is the rolling over of the music upon itself.
Attachment is always to an idea. The attachment to love is attachment to the idea of love. Memory, whatever it is about, is an attachment to the idea of the memory and what it represents to you. Your mind represents it to you. It is what it represents that you are attached to. And what it represents is an idea.
With attachment, you try to recapture that which you are attached to, but what you recapture is a representation that falls apart in your hand.
All of the material world represents love to you. The piece of china, the silver spoon, the copper coin, one human being or another. And so you chase representation of love. Representation is not the actuality. It is a facsimile sent on ahead to you or sent to you afterward, or back and forth, perhaps over and over again.
Often my children chase facsimiles. You can chase what you seek, but you cannot materialize it. It is not manufactured.
Copies can be made, but they are copies, and after a while, you become aware that you hold a copy, and, once again, the original has eluded you.
As you chase, you push away that for which you seek, the same way a gust of wind propels a sheet of paper.
What you chase has to be allowed to reach you. You have to allow it. You chase figments.
Chasing is a form of holding on. Holding on and its seeming opposite — resistance — prevent that which you seek. And it is love that you seek. Love chased is elusive.
You seek love wrapped in a certain package. The trimmings have become it to you. It has to have a certain look about it. And so you may ignore true love. Ignorance of it is the same as casting it away, for you cast it from your view. It is there, but you don't see it. You chase that picture which eludes you but overlook that which you have.
I am your True Love. All else that you seek is representation of Me. You seek substitutes. You seek illusion of love.
When you allow My love to come to you, it comes to you. It comes to you as it comes. The form in which it comes may not be the form you have pictured. Your very picture may preclude your notice of it. You may not recognize it because it does not match your picture. Your picture is your expectation.
Acknowledge, accept that you have the bounty of My love. It has been given to you. Now look at what you have. Look not for it far away. Look for it close. Look for it where it is. Look not for representation. Look not for interpretation. Look for the Original seeking you.
The Original seeks you. Well, I seek your awareness of Me, for it is fact that I already hold you.
I hold you in the palm of My hand.
I hold you in the exquisite center of My heart.
I hold you in My awareness.
My awareness holds you.
Now it is for you to look into My eyes that already look into yours.
See into the depth of My eyes, and you will forever know that you are the cast of My love.
Having that awareness, then you will seek to give awareness of My love to others 
rather than finding it from them. But you do not give My love to others directly. You stay by My side and request of Me that awareness of Me be lit in others. In a sense, you direct My attention to them, My attention that is already there.
Christ did not say to the people of Earth, "Here, I give you God's love." He said, "Here, God's love is."
In human terms, you give what you think is your love where it will be received and repaid.
In My terms, you give My love by accepting My love. You will know no difference in the receiving or the giving, or the giving and the receiving. For love stands. Love is not so much given and received as it is seen. See love, and it is given. Recognize your beingness of love. A lit candle lights all that comes within its circumference. The candle is not so much giving out as it is being what it is, and what it is is light shining. And that is what you are, My light shining before all. Be it in the silence of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment